New York Wills Attorney
The team at the Cormac McEnery Law Firm optimizes your estate planning process. They help clients analyze their personal and financial circumstances, as well as special needs and objectives. They also guide you through your estate planning options, before drafting and implementing your estate plan.
Estate planning is more than just a will
Your estate plan should have a durable power of attorney and health care proxy. Our wills and probate lawyers use a variety of planning techniques and tools to create a personalized plan including:
- Last Will and Testament: Your will directs to whom and how your assets will be distributed after your death. It designates the court-appointed legal representative who will carry out your wishes. It nominates a trustee to manage any assets you designated for a trust in your will. The only assets that are controlled and distributed under the terms of your will are assets held individually in your name that do not have a designated joint tenant or beneficiary.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Cormac McEnery will prepare a comprehensive and personally tailored document giving your designee a full range of powers that you choose, so your designee can transact your financial and other transitions. It remains effective should you become incompetent, temporarily or permanently.
- Health Care Proxy/Living Will: You designate who should make your medical decisions, if you are unable to do so. Cormac McEnery will prepare a personalized, comprehensive document that states your medical treatment directives. Without this document, a tremendous burden may be put upon your loved ones at a most difficult time.
- Special Power of Appointment Deeds: This document implements incomplete gifts of real property, for Medicaid historical purposes and transfers property exempt from the current period.
- Estate Tax Planning: There are many planning tools available to help reduce or eliminate your potential estate tax liability while retaining your maximum control of your assets.
- Trusts: While they are often created in a will, trusts can be created at any time in your life for a variety of purposes, including for estate tax and Medicaid planning, to limit liability, and to manage and protect assets held for minors or persons with special needs.
As an experienced New York probate attorney, Cormac McErnery helps you review and consider the income, gift, and estate tax consequences of your plan—people are often unaware of these when they implementing a wealth preservation plan.
To get an experienced and knowledgeable law firm on your side today, consult the team at Cormac McEnery.
A dedicated probate and wills attorney you can trust
At the Cormac McEnery Law Firm, our experienced team serves clients from New York City (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens), Westchester County, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. We have three convenient office in New York, and are available to help you today. To set up a free consultation with a knowledgeable wills and probate law firm, contact Cormac McEnery online or at 1-888-368-4329.